The team has consisted of cute professionals from Dove brand team and media team in Unilever Rus, media agency team from Initiative Russia media agency, communicative agency Redline, and many others.
#ShowUs is a campaign directed towards shattering beauty stereotypes in media industry on women beauty through displaying inclusive female beauty images in media and advertising on a global scale.
Dove team in Russia decided to apply the global idea and change the perception of beauty in Russia. However, in Russia beauty perception is a very fragile and polarized topic. Dove’s previous activations of purpose campaigns showed that local community was not ready to accept values and philosophy of individual personality, self-acceptance, and hence, beauty variety and inclusivity.
#ShowUs local activation campaign for female beauty rights consisted of:
- Photoshoot for every woman without casting and photoshop, over 600 women participated, with all of their photos shown on one of the largest OOH billboards in Moscow.
- Issue of first Glamour magazine with non-digitally distorted cover.
- Real beauty manifest with local singer Manizha that gathered 10mln views.
- Petition to change advertising law to label photoshopped images.
- Photo exhibition visited by 50 000 ppl in center of Moscow.